Christianity

1 Conversation

Earth-based religion. If you spend time on Earth in the Northern Hemisphere, you'll probably come in contact with it at some point.
Now, this is the one with the guy nailed up against the tree back a couple of millenia ago for telling everybody how nice it would be if everybody would stop shouting at each other and just relax a bit.
Actually, it seems that there's a bit more than that. But that's the basic gist you'll get from most people on the planet. If you ask one of its believers, you'll find it's quite a bit more complicated and involves
perceptions of deity, imperfection, sacrifice, and all of those other bits that a fair number of religions go on about. How to get a drink out of one of its adherents: good luck. Most of them don't do alcohol.
The rest of them are about average on the subject. They have a tendency to be friendly, if a bit odd in their enthusiasms. If one asks 'to pray for you' and suddenly clamps onto you like a Arcturian Megaleech, don't panic. It'll end in short order. They'll feel better and you can then go about your business.
All told, pretty harmless bunch these days if you just nod and smile. It is suggested, however, that temporal travellers be somewhat wary of earlier periods than the current time-period. This religion's earlier adherents were in control of a good portion of Earth in past centuries.
Those believers tended to take a rather dim view of anything outside their particular view of reality.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A17560

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more