I had the most horrifying day today...

1 Conversation

Okay, so this is my first entry to this place, so don't laugh me out when I start to ask stupid questions. But that happens only after I've asked some stupid non-DNA-related questions and rambled a bit.

Well, this morning was an ordeal for me. As I woke up with my alarm breaking my ears, I simply slammed it off the table on to the floor, where it probably still is, thank gosh it will never make any sound again. (Reming me to buy a new alarm watch, okay?) I saw what was left of the watch that the time was something like 5.30 in the morning, and after I realized it was more than two hours earlier I was to wake up today, I decided that I would just in case make sure that no one else would have the fun of sleeping well either, and called up to the first half off all names in my phone book, from Anttila to Naiman. Calling to a guy in the States, called Hamilton, however, was a total failure due the time zones (Finland 5.30am, USA West Coast 4.30 pm), when it still was an yesterday evening there. But I am determined to call him this afternoon to make sure he'll have his own share of fun...

After doing this, I still had to have something to do for those extra hours, so I jumped on my bike and went to see if there was any shops or kiosks open anywhere. I found none, but I got wet when the Fate made my morning perfect and it begun to rain. I came home, looking more like a cat which has been dragged after a cross country bike, thrown under a train, sank with Titanic, spit on, and made to eat cat food, more than a human being who just suffered of being innocent to all this vindictiveness someone above her head showed.

I managed the breakfast, but I burned one pot of coffee, and toast...well, don't even mention the toast. I stuck on the tought that I was in no hurry, simply because of waking so much earlier than usual. Other thought I stuck with was "Why the heck I see everything in two?", but that was something less vital to survive alive of this hideous day.

I packed my backbag, made sure I had not forgotten nothing (which later turned out to be that I had), stepped out of the door and after taking the lesson some while ago with the bike and the rain, I walked to the nearest bus stop and traveled a huge distance of one klick by it (and paying 1 buck for the lift. But hey, what wouldn't one do to stay dry?). The school was the same thing as usual -- boring. I learned at the physics lesson, though, that everything that I see is lie, and any proof not shown to me does not exist. This may not be exactly what my teacher said, but that's the way I understood it. There was also something important involving a horse, the irregularity of all things and a cat, but I didn't much care to pay attention.

At art lessons I think I made the best work I've ever done, but when I showed it to my teacher, he ran out of the class screaming maniacly something like "My God she's done it again!!!" and sobbing the way only men do. I stood numbed in the middle of the room, everyone staring at me, wondering what the hell one should in a situation like this. I thought it was enough for both me and the school for this day and leaved quietly the building. They won't probably miss me too much.

I came home, I cleaned the burned toasts off to the trash can, went through the days mail, decided not to order American Express nor get rid of the old one which was highly under bad debts nor to to pay the to the people who usually remind me of their existence at this time of the month. They all simply went to the bottom of my two budgies' cage. The place they have the best usage, if you ask me.

So here I am, sitting in front of this screen my eyes blurred and my brains all but sober. So now you understand why it's all such a mess -- no one bothers to clean up, and only because it was someone they do mot know who messed the thing in the first place.

Wow, how confusing...

Fun!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A17272

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more