A Conversation for Unfinished Business of the Century

The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 1

Aurean

In thinking about the unfinished business of the millenium, I realized, we don't really know what the best thing since sliced bread is. It has often been said that something is "the best thing since sliced bread," but how can that hold true for so many things. I believe it would solve a lot of our problems and lead to a fundamental understanding of humanity if we could just come to agreement on what the best thing since sliced bread really is. And once we've tackled that, I'd like to know what the best thing was before sliced bread...


The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 2

RavensCross

Obviously it the splinter effects of sliced bread. SLiced brown bread, wholemeal bread, even sliced nan bread.
This could spread to other food groups but the phrase 'Best thing since sliced ham' doesn't really work, unless you are making a sandwich really quickly.
The main point in the statement is that although many things are better than sliced bread, these are forgotten because of the effect sliced bread had on our lives. Anyone trying to cut bread for a piece of toast after a very long night out will state that this is very difficult and dangerous. Therefore, the invention of sliced bread is a benefit to mankind, it is also responible for the burning down on many kitchens, mostly on Saturday nights!


The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 3

Mustapha

Of course, in history it's always important to study these things in context, and in their proper chronology, so as best to to trace their development.

Which would like this: Fire... the Wheel... Sliced Bread....

If we combine two of these great milestones in human evolution, Fire and Sliced Bread, we get toast, which leads to toast-racks and the grilled or toasted cheese sandwich.

Perhaps if we were to somehow combine the Wheel and Sliced Bread, perhaps we could determine the next stage of human development....


The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 4

RavensCross

But we have linked the wheel and sliced bred. Have you ever eaten in a Burger King?


The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 5

Aurean

Ok, so we've linked the wheel with sliced bread, but we're living in the computer era now people, what happens when you combine a computer and a piece of bread? Will the computer tell you how to make the perfect piece of bread? Or will the bread have a computer chip implanted in it as part of a vast government conspiracy?


The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 6

Mustapha

Ingested substances into my body, but "eaten" (in the sense of consuming proper food)... I don't think so.


The best thing since sliced bread...

Post 7

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

Jokes!!!

3smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more