A Conversation for Unfinished Business of the Century

I can't read this

Post 1

stragbasher

Why not try and get this on-line guide thing of yours working properly? For the last 18 hrs I've been sobbing with frustration at the apparent inability of the H2G2 server to be findable by Netscape. And when I do find it I find that it has lost all memory of any of the entries I have added. It just says "get on with it then", rather than "here's a list of all that fabulous stuff"

And every time I try to get on with it my browser stops working.

Ah. Perhaps the problem lies with the software companies. Now wouldn't it be grand if we could all start the millenium safe in the knowledge that our computers will work properly ALL THE TIME, and not just as the year scrolls over?


I can't read this

Post 2

Zuni~ticklemonster

wouldn't be very cost effective for the software/computer companies.


How many Microsoft technicians does it take to change a light bulb?

Post 3

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

Three. Two to hold the ladder and one to screw the bulb into a faucet.

3smiley - biggrin


How many Windows programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

Post 4

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

Four hundred and seventy-two. One to write WinGetLightBulbHandle, one to write WinQueryStatusLightBulb, one to write WinGetLightSwitchHandle...

3smiley - biggrin


How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Post 5

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

None, Bill Gates will just redefine Darkness (TM) as the new industry standard

3smiley - biggrin


How many sorcerers does it take to change a light bulb?

Post 6

Sorcerer

Depends on what you want to change it into.


How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Post 7

stragbasher

Actually I think this conversation is being replicated elsewhere. Let's talk about something else.

Also I've just discovered that when I did eventually get into the guide I was using my other browser, the written by Bill Gates.

Naturally the guide didn't recognise me so it wouldn't let me edit my stuff. That doesn't alter the fact that half the time the guide appears not to exist and three-eighths of the time Netscape simply locks up when I try to do anything with it.

Perhaps the next step would be to develop a guide browser that not only works properly but also has an optional advertising banner that can be disabled by paying a small fee for guide access. Now there's a worthy project for the millenium. Genuine fair and open access with the user being able to make their own decisions.


How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Post 8

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

Easy solved. KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!
KILL BILL!!

3smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post