Missionary Position

1 Conversation

When Missionaries first began stretching their teachings to other lands, they found that the most constructive position for educating the natives in The Ways of The Lord was to make oneself appear subservient, yet sincere. The most effective way of achieving this delicate balance was to encourage your pupil to lay with you and to maintain eye contact with them at all times in order to put them at their ease.

Some missionaries, however, were less morally correct than others, and were eager to take their teachings onto other levels. The Missionary Position soon became a rather lewd synonym for something altogether outside the remit of the Church's original education plan.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1710

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more