Denmark

1 Conversation

Denmark is a small country in Scandinavia. It might appear to be insignificant but its history reveals that two great(?) nations wouldn't have existed had it not been for Denmark.

Denmark has Earth's oldest kingdom - a fact ancient danes used to conquor Sweden and Norway. While under danish rule they exported a large number of vikings to France, where they forced the french govornment to give up Normandy. And from Normandy the vikings set out to take England. Which they did. The great british empire is in fact a paramilitary fraction of the friendly danes.

One of the vikings - Eric the Red - set out on an extended week-end and accidentally found America. But since local weapons legislation made it a bit difficult to conquor America, he decided that "away is fine but home is best". His secret diary was later discovered by Columbus who stole all the rights to America's discovery.
On a rock near Danefield you can still see traces of sacred runes which translates into: "I found America. Copyright Eric the Red. 218 BC".

Denmark also has Earth's oldest flag - a fact they don't mind telling everybody else in the world.
And not to forget: The flag actually fell from the sky after a bishop in the middle of a battle prayed for a sign from God.
Danes can brag that their flag not only is the oldest but also has a Devine Design.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A164224

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more