Garden City Shopping Centre

0 Conversations

<h1>Garden City Shopping Centre</h1>
<h2>Riseley Street, Booragoon</h2>
<h2>Perth, Western Australia</h2>

<p>

<b>Fantastic.</b> Well, that's not quite what the local residents think, but it's certainly what Mellville City Council said as they approved the rampant expansion of the Booragoon's very own shopping centre (or shopping <i>mall</i> as the American's call them).

<p>

Garden City is a big, fat, busy Shopping Centre with lots of shops, an eight cinema complex, food hall and a whole lot of construction going on. Placed slap bang in the middle of the suburb Booragoon (which means <i>Salt Water Lake</i> in the now dead local Aboriginal dialect), Garden City is a monument to Australia's capitalist nature.

<p>

Garden City Shopping Centre promises a shopping experience which, curiously enough, has very little to do with Gardens, and a lot to do with a large, bitumen parking lot. As one of the biggest Shopping Centres in Perth, it is certainly a place worthy of the local hitch-hiker.

<p>

The Centre now radiates in all directions, admist five sets of traffic lights and a whole lot of construction work; work aimed at making Garden City very much larger. There isn't much 'Garden' to Garden City: unless a few token trees interspersed between shops counts as Garden-like.

<p>

<b>Oh. . .</b> Just one little warning. . there is an extreme lack of anything to do other than look at stuff you would find anywhere else in Australia.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A162244

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more