Some friends of mine :-)

2 Conversations

Other people have made Friends user pages, seems to be a common thing to do. I wanted to keep this on my front page, but it was getting too long! So now you can read about these great folks here. :-)

Kate is the reason I got hooked on real-time chatting. Spent several years on the net, but never really did any chat until a bit over a year ago when I met her at her own DNA fan site, Floor 42. Watching the devlelopment there was an inspiration for my own web efforts, but my enthusiasm for those is at low ebb right now. I'd rather watch her new site What's That Line? develop. Kate is a wonderful friend, and also h2g2's resident expert on sleepwear and one of the sub-editors. It's always good to see you again! :-)

At one point I was ready to write off Kristina as another annoying person who I wouldn't really get to know. Glad I was wrong. She's turned out to be around at times when I really could use someone to talk to. She seems to have managed to sort out choosing a college. (Also ask her about Ant. ;-) It was great to finally meet you! :-)

Krissy is a lot of fun to talk with. Even when in a bad mood, she always listens. Her mood seems to be always bright though now that she's fallen crazy in love. Lucky guy. Lucky both of them, really. Apparently swing dancing can get you places. Krissy is an h2g2 Associate Community Editor (ACE). We missed you Krissy! :-)

Amanda knows her restaurant lingo and is a great friend. She's been around a bit less recently but for generally good reasons. ;-) (Ask her about Spartus. ;-) She's another one of those ACE people as well. Good to see you again! :-)

Peta is someone I don't get to talk to as much as she is now h2g2's Community Editor. Might want to steer clear while while she's holding a paintball gun. Great you could make it Peta, perhaps we'll keep in touch more. :-)

Ant has just reminded me what an idealist he is about the status of the world. I share most if not all the points of view on that page. No wonder he's easy to talk to. Ant is the person everyone seems to like to talk to. ;-) Oh, somewhere along the way he too got to be a sub-editor, although actually I think he's switched to being an ACE now. It was great to meet you, thanks for having us! :-)

Spartus is our resident corrector of grammar, spelling and other pedantries. But he's a lot of fun to talk to and is up late at night when I can't sleep, although with the advantage that it's 3 hours earlier for him. Just don't ask him about buckets. (Instead ask him about Amanda. ;-) And just how did he get to be a sub-editor? ;-) Great meeting you! :-)

Just because C hasn't been around much doesn't mean she's not a friend. She's just busy with her life and her work with computers.

And Beetle, whose spelling is what often gets corrected by Spartus come to think of it. Probably because he's trying to think in these other funny languages. But he's yet another person who is around to listen and talk with sometimes.

I almost forgot Bubster. Since he lives halfway around the world in Australia, he's on at some odd times (well,for me). Great to talk to, though, and wrote this great line on prejudice.

Julie is also generally in Australia, though she only goes to private school there now. (That entry pretty well sums it up.) It's fun to have friends doing so many different things in various places around the world.

Now that Beeline has a new computer and chat capability, I've gotten a chance to talk to him more. He certainly should now count among friends. This entry, however, demonstrates that even sub-editors are prone to being a bit silly. Great to meet you! :-)

And we've even dragged Emmy into chatting now! I don't have anything silly to point out on Emmy's page, as she hasn't written any guide entries yet. But another great friend she most certainly is. Sorry to miss you, next time okay? :-)

Now Apple Tree (her real name will not be revealed here ;-) still comes off as a little strange, but once you get to know her she can be quite fun to talk to. She hasn't written any guide entries either, but she's been giving out awards from her home page.

And Carrie. She's the resident expert on piercing, but I don't have an entry to link to as yet. Lots of things have happened and stopped happening in a short time, but I hope we can remain friends.

Mark needs no introduction. He's the head honcho around here, the editor of the Guide. He's also just a cool guy. It was great to meet you, here's to coming up with other excuses to go places and meet people! :-)

Although you'll find me and all the rest of these people around here on occasion, the more intimate setting has been the Forums at Floor 42 where some of us originally met and all of us drop in these days. (And some of those final statements are because we met up in person finally in Miami recently.) If we didn't meet there, then it must have been at douglasadams.com. As far as I can tell we all knew or knew of each other before this land of h2g2 ever came about. And I very clearly remember the night of h2g2 going live, signing up that very moment and looking around, thinking how cool the concept was and what potential it had. It's on its way to realizing that potential.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A150661

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more