Rutland

1 Conversation

Rutland, a sad little county with a tremendously loyal populace who truly belive that, A) yes they invented the wheel and anything else of merit going. B) That everybody knows where Rutland is but don't have the time to visit just at the moment, due to Cronic Digital Watch Fatigue.
It does have its points of interest though. Such as the second largest man made lake in Europe, ideal for Formation Drowning, Trout Fishing, Wind Surfing et al. Lots of extremly Interesting/Uninteresting (depending on your particular fetish) horseshoes donated to Oakham Castle by visiting dignataries, who oddly enough didn't stop there very long. Several extreemly good ale houses that serve a pasable warm brown liquid that tastes not entirely disimilar to a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, and an extremly small maze that you may have trouble with if you had just had the afore mentioned Gargle Blaster and were two inches high. Rutland was also until recently Englands smallest county, the Isle of Wight now holds this uniqe honourific. Bully for the Isle of Wight. All in all a thoroughly bucloic holiday destination, the ideal place to take the future Bi pedal life forms in Law.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A149375

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more