Anglesey

1 Conversation

A reasonably small, green island off the north coast of Wales. About twice the size of the Isle of Wight, and with a population of a twenty thousand or so (N.B. these statistics are wildly inaccurate, but it is doubtful that anybody else will know what they really are anyway).

One of the most Welsh-speaking parts of Wales, its historical highlights include being the place which almost did not get ransacked by the Romans when they invaded Britain (druids and mad women lined the southern shores by the Menai Strait, and shouted at the unwelcomed visitors a lot - a tradition that is carried on today, much to the annoyance of the borough councils); being home of the Prince's Court (in Aberffraw, to be exact) for a large number of years a millennium or so ago (the place is now home to a disturbing amount of sand); and that a large number of ships have sunk in its vicinity.

Frequented for no apparent reason by tourists throughout the summer, Anglesey is mostly made up of fields, trees, sheep, farms and a mountain that isn't really one at all.

Evaluation: Reasonably harmless.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A147368

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more