A Conversation for Bywater@h2g2

Perfume ads

Post 1

Jim Lynn

TV perfume ads have always annoyed me. But then, the futility of hawking something whose sole practical effect is smell on a medium which is intrinsically unable to demonstrate that effect means that, unless they do not advertise at all, (note to chanel, CK, etc. Do us all a favour) all they can do is show meaningless films designed to imply that their whiff is somehow inextricably linked to a particular lifestyle. (In the case of Calvin Klein this would appear to be famine and chronic colour-blindness.)

When I'm rich and famous, I'll launch my own range of designer scents. I'll start with "Smell" and expand to "Pong", "Whiff", and "Stench". I'm sure they'll go down a treat with the right advertising.


Perfume ads

Post 2

The Wisest Fool

If Reggie Perrin launched his Grot shop now he'd make a packet.

Hmmm *considers scam*

Can I have www.grot.com???

*checks URL*

Damn, someone's already got it smiley - smiley


Perfume ads

Post 3

Peta

But I loved the Gary Liniker spoof calvin klein ad for walkers crisps... made up for it all really.....


Perfume ads

Post 4

The Wisest Fool

I'll let whoever nicked www.grot.com off as it led me to the essential http://www.grot.net/GROTShoppe/Computers/NoButton.htm


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more