Alien 3 - The Movie

0 Conversations

The Bitch Is Back

In 1992, the Alien saga became a trilogy, has Twentieth Century Fox released Alien 3 to a highly expectant public. Unlike Aliens though Alien 3 was not well recieved, with cinema goers expecting either a scary horror movie or a fast paced action movie. What they got instead was a dark and somber tale, with a tragic ending that has split fans right down the middle.

The Story

Warning: The Following Text Contains Spoilers

After the events in Aliens, Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), Hicks (Michael Biehn), Newt (Carrie Henn) and Bishop 341-B (Lance Henriksen) are asleep in their cryotubes1. When suddenly the Sulaco's emergancy systems start blarring that an electrical fire has destroyed various vital computer systems and the cryotubes are immediately evacuated to one of the ship Emergency Evacuation Vehicles (EEV), which is fired away from the Sulaco towards the prison planet of Fury 161.

Fury 161 is a former iron smelting facility, that was converted into a maximum security prison for double-Y chromosome2 males. The prison has been closed down, but a few prisoners have stayed on in the only place they know as home. They are overseen by two wardens, and cared for by the prison doctor. The current prison population is comprised of...

Wardens

  • Superintendent Andrews (Brian Glover)
  • 'Eighty-Five'3 Aaron (Ralph Brown)

Medical Staff

  • Doctor Clemens (Charles Dance)

Inmates

  • Dillon (Charles S. Dutton)
  • Golic (Paul McGann)
  • Morse (Danny Webb)
  • Rains (Christopher John Fields)
  • Junior (Holt McCallany)
  • Murphy (Christopher Fairbank)
  • Frank (Carl Chase)
  • Boggs (Leon Herbert)
  • Jude (Vincenzo Nicoli)
  • David (Pete Postlethwaite)
  • Troy (Paul Brennen)
  • William (Clive Mantle)
  • Gregor (Peter Guinness)
  • Arthur (Deobia Oparei)
  • Kevin (Philip Davis)
  • Eric (Niall Buggy)

The quiet solitude on Fury 161 is shattered as Ripley's EEV crashes not far from the prison facility. Ripley is taken to the infirmary, where Clemens slowly brings her round from the trauma of the crash. She discovers that Hicks and Newt were killed in the crash, with Bishop being so badly damaged that they simply tossed in on the scrap heap.

1Machines were the occupants are cryogenically frozen for the decade long journeys through deep space.2At the time of filming it was believed that men with a double-Y chromosome exhibited increased aggression and anti-social behaviour. This theory has since been disproved, men with two Y chromosomes are usually no different from men with a single Y chromosome. 3The character of Aaron is nicknamed 'Eighty-Five' by the inmates, after they sneaked a look at his company profile that said that his I.Q. was eighty-five.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A14130659

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more