Mothers

0 Conversations

Very curious creatures indeed. Usually females, these people magically aquire incredible intelligence at the moment of conception. However, as their child grows this "intelligence" is slowly leaked to their offspring in an altruistic act presumably to further the evolution of the species. The downside of all this is that the "mother" is seamingly unaware of this transition and likes to continue as if she were infalliable and all-knowing long after their offspring has gained academic status, medals, merits, Nobel prizes etc which clearly demonstrate the higher status of the progeny. Not only does she refuse to accept her growing weakness, but she will also get very moody and upset in the event of either discrediting her, frankly laughable, suggestions or by trying to enlighten her of the impeeding mental doom she faces. The advantage of all this, however, is proportional to the rate of mental loss so increases her ability to bake rather tasty cookies so it's not all bad news.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A138683

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more