The Garnet Dragon: Rise of the Dragon 2

0 Conversations

The Garnet Dragon: Rise of the Dragon 2


“I need somewhere to stay…” I asked myself miserably.
I have to say, evil bad guys really know how to piss people off. I was previously having a very nice dream where I didn’t have to deal with this sort of stuff. Unfortunately for me I do. You’d think they’ be loads of other people to deal with this sort of stuff, but there isn’t/wasn’t/probably never will be. Of course I get stuck with this sort of stuff and have to sleep under a bunch of rocks watching everyone else walk all over my grave and take bits of it home! And then there’s the tourists, bloody annoying gits. And the cameras, flash here flash there. Really gets on your wick.
The advantage of being here is that you don’t age, physically, and you pick up the changes around you. I know about technology, people, clothes and language. Quite a bit has changed since my time. Everyone seems to worship a God, come on people there is no God there’s a Goddess and a God, but one God? Hah! That’d be the day. I have noticed that very few people know about magic, or even know how to use it and then what happened to the dragons and unicorns. It’s almost worrying to hear that people don’t defend themselves with magic anymore. No wonder they’re having wars all the time.
I rubbed the alter stone whispering to it quietly, “I’ll be back soon.”
The alter stone sparkled silver as if to reply. When magic ruled you could have a proper intelligent conversation with a rock, of course you’d never talk to a pebble. Pebbles are and always been incredibly stuck-up.
I walked away from Stonehenge. I walked past the security area wondering where the guard had gone and getting slightly worried. I walked through the main gate and ticket admission and began walking along the black tar road. It was at times like that where you wish that you had some sort of shoe.
I walked on for about a minute before I heard lots of sirens behind me. Not the sort of sirens I would be used to but the ones that come out of those giant metal beetles, cars I think. The top of them were flashing blue and red and lots of people leapt out of the ‘cars’ with small black shooter things. They were wearing black and held little black boxes on their belt which spoke to them.
A large whooshing and fluttering noise buzzed above my head. I looked up and saw a blinding light beam down on me. The men which had jumped out of the car aimed their small black shooters at me and shouted very loudly at me.
“PUT YOUR HANDS UP.” they shouted.
“Why?” I asked curiously.
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY?” they asked.
“Well, I’m unarmed, as you can see and what are the chances of me taking on ten adults? I’ll come peacefully, just don’t be so patronising.” I said.
“OH…KAY.” they said.
They put their shooters on the floor and one walked over. He took me to the ‘car’ and I sat in the back. It drove off and all the other ‘cars’ followed. The flying light noise thing also followed. Well, at least I had somewhere to go now. Not that the thought of having to stay in a cell filled me with joy.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A13848861

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more