The Hitchhikers Guide to Hereford

1 Conversation

Hereford, historical city of the marches. Situated on the border between England and Wales, abouthalf way down it. Hereford is a quaint little city with something to interest most people. A cathedral houses the infamous Mappa Mundi, and an old black and white house in the centre of town is another point of interest for tourists. Most main shops are in residence, such as Woolworths and Marks and Spencers. A bowling alley sits on the outskirts of town, on Aylestone hill, and, coupled with ABC Cinema on Commercial Road, suffices for entertainment in the area. Clubs of note include Eros (next to the cinema) and The Crystal Rooms (Bridge Street). For fitness fans, there's a Leisure Centre on Holmer Road just outside town, and a swimming pool next to the river. Eateries worth visiting are Cafe Uno, next to the town library, and Doodies, in St.Owens street, along with, of course, the ever present McDonalds in the centre of town. Tips for travellers - 1) The centre of town is one way 2) Only catch the bus if you really know what you're doing and 3) Try to look middle class. Everyone speaks English so a babel fish is not required. Citizens are mostly harmless, and feel free to approach without apprehension.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A136793

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more