Tomato and Squid Stew/Soup

1 Conversation

Serves one, double the quantities if you are lucky enough to be a couple.

  • 2 prepared squid
  • 1 red pepper
  • 3 juicy tomatoes
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • smiley - schooloffish

    Method

    Chop up the pepper into slices. Some people say that one should not use a knife to cut peppers, so if you are one of them
    then you must tear them up as you see fit.

    Wash the prepared squid and slice into rings.

    Chop up the tomatoes into quarters.

    Pour some oil into a LE CREUSET cast iron pot.

    Add the pepper and fry for 2 mins.

    Add the crushed garlic and squid and fry until golden brown.

    Add the tomatoes and fry them until they have gone mushy.

    Add seasoning and herbs to taste.

    Pour into bowl, serve and eat. You will discover when you get to the end that it wasn't stew it was soup.

    Cool Tips

    The squid only cost 48p so if you are living on a shoestring it is an inexpensive dish to make.

    If you are preparing this dish whilst smoking a cigar try not to let any ash fall in it!

    If you are a clumsy eater remember to use a table napkin otherwise you may find you have tomato pips sporting your front

    smiley - cool

    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A13650293

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Currently in:

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more