A Conversation for The Aviators Home Page

AViator test

Post 1

U168592

I think the Sub-eds have to do a subbing thing to become a Subbie, and the Community Artists have to come up with a pic for an old EG Entry to become an Artist - is it possible that for people to become AViators they will have to devise a piece for an existing EG Entry?

That way older Entries would get something added to them and it helps prove that the potential AViator knows what they're doing?

Suggestion comes from here; F19585?thread=3265834&show=20&skip=80#pi99

Makes it fun when doing an IID search and coming across an old Entry that has something new to give smiley - smiley


AViator test

Post 2

U168592

The adding of noises was brouhgt up too, what's the copyright concerning sampling? - and could Volunteers do their own samples to have added to EG Entries, for example their own dog howling for an Entry on 'Noises That Keep You Awake At NIght'?


AViator test

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I'd imagine if they were researcher's own made audio samples; like a Dog barking, car horn etc., then the useual copyright rules that govern any content submitted to teh guide would apply... esentially the researcher would hold the copyright on that sample but on submitting it to the guide your giving the Beeb and exclusive right to use that content, but which doesn't stop you using it elsewher (I think thats something like what the rules on copyright in the guide say, not read them in a while smiley - blush )


AViator test

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Sound effects! Good one - hadn't thought of that, but it could be brilliant.


AViator test

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

*wonders about a 'swallowing' soundaffect to accompany his entry on swallowing'.... smiley - laughsmiley - run


AViator test

Post 6

AlexAshman


*gulp*


AViator test

Post 7

U168592

smiley - snork

smiley - yikes

smiley - run


Key: Complain about this post