Panneer

3 Conversations

Discover (if you have not already) the delight of Paneer. This is an Indian cottage cheese made very simply by processing the curds of (traditionally) buffalo's milk. The result is a firm cheese not dissimilar to Italian Mozarella (more below) that can be used in curries and other savoury dishes (it does not melt). Fry first to brown and then add to a masala before serving. Paneer's similarity to mozzarella is explained by the fact that the buffalo whose milk is used to make mozzarella were originally imported to Italy from India. Go on give paneer a try (most decent Indian restaurants will serve it). Try Saag Paneer (spinach and cheese) for a mild dish or chilli panner (chillis and cheese!) for a hot dish. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A129836

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more