The Life of a Foot Pedal..or...being depressed

1 Conversation

This morning I, as usuall, trained into my place of work. I bought my rail ticket to wynyard, but only on the back in the small print of the "i" in City Rail did I see that my ticket also included a breathless athsmatic, a schizofrenic Irishman with caluses, eight day year old quads and a man who thought his bowel movements would be a great topic for the rest of the travelers in the carriage.

Being one of the newer tangara's, the carriage came with a water closet at the end of it. So as a means of escape from my nearby passengers I navigated to the rear of the carriage and entered the water closet, both water and closet being the operative words ..

I secured myself within this coffin-like cubicle and, after finding my rail legs, took aim and hoped for the best. On completion of this feet, i searched high and low for the button or chain that would free this evidence of mine to the outer world. I finally located a sign that said "TO FLUSH DEPRESS FOOT PEDAL"
Well, who was I to argue? I crouched down on hand and foot and whispered to it "Your nothing but a worthless bit of dirty steel. You will never amount anything..You will be trod on your entire life you little insignificant peddle. You have no ego, soul, psyche, spirit or conscious self. You have no means for awareness, you cannot know love and you will never lick an ice cream ..."

Obviously, now beeing more depressed than it needed to be, it blankly refused my request to flush and remained motionaless and just waited for the next lowly traveller to s**t on it.

Such is life.....

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A128639

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more