The Battle Of North Point

0 Conversations

At noon on September 11th 1814 4,000 British infintry troops and royal marines began their march to Baltimore Commanded by Major Genera Ross.
General Samual Smith sends a force of men to fend off the British. As the force approaches the main body of British troops they began forming lines of battle, and as they did, the British formed up, and fired into the American lines. Then, General Ross rides to the front of the lines to ralley his men, and then, General Ross, is shot by an American sharp shotter.
The Americans fell back to their parpets and the artilary units roared to life. The lines fired one by one, General Stricker orders a retreat, and this time it is dodne right! The militia did not run like "sheep chased by dogs." The Americans fell back to Baltimore.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A12609399

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more