War- the OTHER different view.

1 Conversation

War: A short, manical rant by a deranged net surfer. Many people have told me that I have a warped way of looking at life. According to them, I see things differently to other people. For example, whereas normal people see a can of Pepsi as a drink, I see it as a way to contribute 45 pence more to the wallets of those who control the huge soft drinks mafia. (And anyway, Pepsi sucks, drink Coke, this is not an advert). And one thing many people have commented on is my strange view of war.

"What exactly is a war?"
Well, my answer to the above question is NOT the usual one (resorting to military action when diplomacy has failed). My answer is this.
"A war is what happens when two diplomats realise what a big waste of time this is, and so decide to send loads of armed muscle-men out to waste time, firing off guns and getting slaughtered in that bizarre way that keeps soldiers happy. "

And why is it that soldiers like fighting? Is it the honour? Is it the glory? Is it the possibility of being played by Tom Cruise? Or is it, as I tend to think, that it beats staying at home, being nagged by the missus to put up the shelves and feed the chickens? (At this point, I break from my rantings to apologise to my girlfriend, if she is reading this. I have nothing against chickens. I think they are probably a lot more intelligent than people think.)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A119729

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more