The M62 motorway

1 Conversation

Largest car park in the North of England (Planet Earth) [cf. M25]. Constructed ostensibly as a motorway in the late 20th Century by small groups of a rare breed known as diggers, recognisable by their conspicuous yellow outer skin, which they often shed and display, some think as a mating lure, on the parcel shelf of the Ford Sierra (a distant descendant of Ford Prefect and hybrid of the Sierra Nevada (qqv)).
At the extremities of the M62 are the cities of Leeds and Liverpool (more famously joined by the eponymous canal (qv)).
Between them is the Slough of Despond (aka Manchester, the home of a famous sporting club which never really got a chance to show its potential, hence the popular name Manchester Untried).
Recent research suggests that Manchester itself may have been invented by the inhabitants of Rochdale solely for the purpose of preventing migration between the two more prestigious cities mentioned above.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A114157

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more