Quick..Look as if you're doing something

3 Conversations

Following recent objections to the removal of a number of pieces of edited and non-edited content, and the ensuing attempts to disturb the peace of those who dont have to explain, we've come to the decision that further guidance on the suitability of some of the content might be a useful distraction to Researchers.

  • Ultimately, the h2g2 Editors and the BBC are responsible for the content on this site, and the final decision must rest with them.

  • Most of the content on h2g2 is created by h2g2's Researchers, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of any external sites referenced.

  • Most of the content on h2g2 is created by h2g2's Researchers, who may or may not have paid their license fee and may in some cases be blinkered and stupid.

  • Whichever, it just depends.

This doesn't mean that every entry within a particular content type will be failed, it's just that entries will be subject to scrutiny and may be removed, at the discretion of the BBC.

A definitive set of rules concerning the suitability of Entries in the Guide is unfeasible as it would only lead to a rash of "Testing Entries" from certain researchers, such as you know who you are for instance. We've therefore established a grid system in order to help us put things in a rather neat and nifty little grid system, which is always nice.

Down the left-hand column you'll find topic areas - we've listed a few that may possibly be more contentious than others - but please feel to invent more and we may add them to the table.

Across the top are the content types. Obviously one topic may in fit in more than one content type, in that an article on sexual practice could be both educational and humorous, or an article on drugs could cause someone at the bbc to 'chill out man'. We therefore reserve the right to fail all articles(hence its red status) just in case, but as always each and every Entry in any area would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, we're just covering our backs. You know how it is.

We've created this table to highlight the potentially problematic areas. It is a work in progress.

What we'd like you to do is help us to convince those who must be obeyed that the problem is being dealt with, and distract those who have had the flippin' cheek to try to contact those who must be obeyed until they lose interest and go back to playing with their toys:

  • High risk areas (red): Content that falls within this area might very well be deemed suitable for a while but there is a possibilty of it becoming unsuitable Guide content upon exposure to those who must be obeyed.

  • Medium risk areas (amber): Content that falls within this area might very well be deemed suitable for a while but there is a possibilty of it becoming unsuitable Guide content upon exposure to those who must be obeyed.

  • Low risk areas (green): Content that falls within this area might very well be deemed suitable for a while but there is a possibilty of it becoming unsuitable Guide content upon exposure to those who must be obeyed.


Factual/EducationalExplicitHumorousHistoricalDangerousPi$$taking
LifeRedRedRedRedRedRed
The UniverseRedRedRedRedRedRed
EverythingRedRedRedRedRedRed


InformativeAdultHumorousAuntie Wont Like It
smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - geeksmiley - tongueoutsmiley - blackcatsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - yikessmiley - yikessmiley - yikes
smiley - alesmiley - scientistsmiley - smoochsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - yikessmiley - yikes
smiley - teasmiley - thepostsmiley - kisssmiley - laughsmiley - yikes

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1120681

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more