Is ball size important?

1 Conversation

After over forty years of observing many ball sports (and the occasional ball associated pastime) it has slowly dawned on me that, in general, the larger the ball the less boring the game. For example a sport like sabbuteo or a leisure pursuit like golf are just the thing to get you to sleep at any time of day whereas rugger or footer are certain to keep one interested until the final whistle. In between are games like tennis, interesting when women play with their finesse - no grunting please , boring when the blokes are smashing down ace after ace. No marbles on tv but plenty of cricket. Table tennis? No way. Indoor tennis with that big ball that won't break anything? Marvellous. An exception is, of course, squash, kept me on my toes for many years, b****red up my joints mind.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A111439

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more