Justice and Peace/Liberation Theology

0 Conversations

The work for justice, peace and an equitable society is a matter of extreme urgency. God has given us partnership as stewards of creation and that we have a responsibility to live in a right relationship with God's creation.

The Gospel commands us to seek peace founded on justice and that costly reconcilation is at the heart of the Gospel.

Handled with integrity, creation can provide for the needs of all but not for the greed which leads to injustice and inequality and endangers life on earth.

Every should have the quality and dignity of a full life that requires adqequate physical, social and poltical opportunity, without the oppression of poverty, injustice and fear.

Social and political action leading to justice and for all people and encouraged by prayer and discussion, is a vital work of the Church at all levels. The use of threatened use of nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction is theologically and morally indefensible and the opposition to their existence is an imperative of the Christian faith.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1107640

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more