Liberation Theology

0 Conversations

Christianity is now struggling forward towards its roots in response to the social and sconomic problems of global humanity at the present moment. The leadership in the struggle against oppressors, in the struggle for a better life here and now in this life.

When we talk about 'good' and when we talk about 'evil'. Opposites that are stuggling with each other and 'evil' is powerful and operates in furtive ways. Those who are good, who are on the side of good, sometimes have to endure and suffer as a result.

There is no way 'religion' can be separated from the here and now. We have made enormous techological progess and yet still millions suffer and starve. Whether we continue to let so many millions oppressed and exploited by the few. If it means questioning the establishment and not bowing to the status quo and yes it must be done. We need to make a voice heard and not be silent and let others suffer because of our apathy and indifference to their plight.

Every person has the right to social security and a good standard of living. It is God's will that all people are equal and that there should be a fair share of the common wealth for all.

The land does not belong to us but to God. We must care for it and be wise stewards. We must share our resources wisely and fairly. If we oppress and exploit and then our communities will get weaker and weaker and fail in the end.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1104139

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more