On decision making

0 Conversations

Most often I'm quiet, with not much to contribute. Never in argument and happily ignored. I like it that way. But sometimes I speak. Something makes me do it. I astonish myself. There's neither plan nor forethought, just a bewildering rush of sudden idea and its out. No-one expects it, least of all me. They stop, they listen; hushed hard by their surprise. I see slow ripples of understanding spread through the room. Faces change. I redden under the stares of frank amazement and see the amused wonder in their eyes. They knew only confusion before the idea spoke itself but now the tangled loops of debate are falling away. Understanding blossoms, heads nod and there are even some smiles. I note a few quick sideways glances between the others with eyebrows silently asking "Well?". There's a wry grey nod or two and that's that. I can tell. This gladdens us all.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1090108

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more