Widnes, Cheshire (UK) News and Events

0 Conversations

Developments and News

20/09/2003 - The Silver Juberly bridge is having it's entire road deck replaced from the metal struts upwards, tailbacks are expected for miles but thankfuly they will be doing sections of the road at the weekend which is quite impresive.

22/04/2003 - Plans for the New Mersy Crossing have finaly been confirmed, after a couple of ideas, such as tunnels, bridges going from diferent places and such. We have ended up with a sort of suspention double decker afair, which promises to be very interesting to look at along side the current Railway and Jubely Bridges.

09/04/2003 - Alot of people have reported a hightened alert and presence in the police around widnes. nomaly a good thing, but widnes has always been known for it's poor police presence. It may be just the new developments going on, or it may be a real effort to combat crime in widnes, which has many gangs hanging around these days.

28/03/2003 - The New developments for the moving of Asda and a whole host of new building gets underway, with half the town center looking like a scene from world war 2. It apears there is alot of money being spent on alot of things, note worthy are all the new shops, I'm sure everyone will be pleased that there are no public developments, only shops. How nice.

15/10/2002 - Major new works are going on to revitalize the town square, after in 1996 the Windmill center renovation, a new further development is taking place.

First Pice of the sceame has finished, the controversial town square near the library, which only a few years back was rebuilt into a lovely fountain, seating area with tree's and ornamental rocks. has been rebuilt again, it's now flat, with 'designer' lamps and 'designer' seats. the general feeling is of dislike and boredom at this designer development, the council have defended there actions, saying that this new area will be less prone to vandalism.

Wispiers breeze that the Hale Bank Asda is to be moved into the town center with these new developments, doing what many consider a bad thing to the availability of produce in widnes. many will have to brave the town center late at night if they wish to buy things, known for gangs and drug users.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1029566

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more