The First Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture

5 Conversations

Douglas Adams

On 11 March, 2003, the Royal Institution in London hosted a very special event - the first-ever Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture given by Professor Richard Dawkins in memory of Douglas Adams. Dawkins took as his title 'Queerer Than We Can Suppose: The Strangeness of Science', and the lecture reflects Douglas's deep love of the quirkiness of science, a recurrent theme that we can all recognise in his books.

We're very happy to be able to offer you the chance to view the entire lecture here on h2g2. The lecture is split into seven parts - seven RealMedia files - and the average length of each part is about seven minutes. To get RealPlayer, click here. Another useful help site can also be found here.

The lecture was held in aid of two of the causes Douglas felt most passionately about; the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund and Save the Rhino International.



'Queerer Than We Can Suppose: The Strangeness of Science' by Richard Dawkins

Below, and split into seven sections, is the entire first-ever Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture given by Professor Richard Dawkins on 11 March, 2003.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1023256

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more