Frank Zappa Quotes

1 Conversation

Frank Zappa ruled. RIP. Thanks for your opinions, your music and your neverending fight against music censorship.

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced."

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."

"I have a message to deliver to the cute people of the world...if you're cute, or maybe you're beautiful...there's MORE OF US UGLY MOTHERF*****S OUT THERE THAN YOU ARE!! So watch out."

"The person who stands up and says, ``This is
stupid,'' either is asked to `behave' or, worse,
is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know!
Isn't it terrific!''"

"Nuclear explosions under the Nevada desert? What the f**k are we testing for? We already know the s**t blows up."

"Stupidity has a certain charm -- ignorance does not."

"The single-child yuppo-family that uses the child
as a status object: `A perfect child? Of course!
We have one here -- he's under the coffee table.
Ralph, stand up! Play the violin!'"

Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a
woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

"If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
do your s**t, then YOU DESERVE IT."

"There will never be a nuclear war; there's too much real estate involved."

The swearing has been censored.....I still believe however, in the words of Frank...

"There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it."

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A906059

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more