Heroes of Legend: Dogs of War

0 Conversations

Dogs of War


Dogs of war are mercenaries, who ply their trade to the highest bidder. However, for the last 300 years, the highest bidder has been Evadia, so many simply set camp there and never leave! The regiments below are some of the most famous in Evad (and also the regulars in the Evadian Arms...), and each is viewed with awe, admiration, and sometimes fear by the people of Evadia.

The Black Knights

Regimental Captain: N'kai.
Regiment Size: 30-50 (aprox).
Regiment Type: Elite Heavy Infantry (Swordsmen).
Basic Hiring Cost: 15,000gc.
Battle Cry: "Bring me your Best!"
Description: N'kai is old, over 5,000 years old in total, and most of that time he has spent in battle. N'kai is, without doubt, the greatest mercenary in history, and possibly the most powerful warrior in Evadia, if not the world. Entire armies have surrendered rather than face him, and many more have been slain, believing weight of numbers would protect them. N'kai recruits the fiercest of Nagarroth's warriors to be in his regiment. Few have the courage to refuse him. He always gets what he wants. If he doesn't, they'll be hell to pay...

The Hellbringers

Regimental Captain: Captain Tom Hawk.
Regiment Size: 40-100 (aprox).
Regiment Type: Heavy Infantry (Swordsmen).
Basic Hiring Cost: 12,000gc.
Battle Cry: "For Blood! For Gold! For Glory!"
Description: Tom Hawk is a man with a vision; a vision full of gold coin. He believes in protecting his country, but doesn't see why he should sit around for work to come to him. He has used his influence to gain access to Evadia's experimental weapons, such as the Gatling Gun and Kestrel Cannon, for when he recruits a larger army. Hawk is trustworthy to his friends, and deadly to his enemies.

The Green Guard

Regimental Captain: Captain Fletcher and Bigtoof.
Regiment Size: 10-30 Humans, 30-70 Orcs (aprox).
Regiment Type: Medium Infantry (Misc).
Basic Hiring Cost: 10,000gc.
Battle Cry: "Green is Mean! CHARGE!!"
Description: Fletcher was the leader of a successful crossbow regiment, until he met Bigtoof. It is rumoured that the two battled for hours, but neither could win. Fletcher had the superior tactical knowledge, but Bigtoof had sheer power. The two reached an arrangement, and they've been inseprable ever sinse. Bigtoof's Orcs give the regiment stopping power, while Fletcher provides ranged capability. The Green Guard work well together, and even Bigtoof has earned the respect of Evadia.

Sarrason's Serpent Guard

Regimental Captain: Captain Sarrason.
Regiment Size: 40-120 (aprox).
Regiment Type: Medium-Heavy Infantry (Pikemen).
Basic Hiring Cost: 8,000gc.
Battle Cry: Sarrason: "Serpent's Teeth!" All: "Strike! Strike!"
Description: Sarrason's Serpent Guard are hard hitting pikemen from the Empire town of Nibelhiem. After a raid from Dark Elf pirates, Sarrason took the skins of slain Cold Ones as a trophy, and gave them to his men. They practised in the use of pikes, after seeing their power against Cavelry. They also possess the Cobra Banner, which seeps a cloud of pure poison over the foes of the Serpent Guard. If you want to kill Cavelry, there are few finer.

Slitta's Slayas

Regimental Captain: Slitta.
Regiment Size: 5-20 (aprox).
Regiment Type: Light Skirmishers (Skaven Assassins).
Basic Hiring Cost: 2,000gc.
Battle Cry: A hushed wisper of "Slit their throats!"
Description: There is a saying in the Old World; a knife in the dark is worth 1,000 swords at dawn. If this is true, then Slitta and his troops are worth a whole army! They specialise in assassinations, infiltration, scouting and sabotage, but also work off the battlefield, when someone needs to be "removed" from society. No-one dare turn their back on Slitta and his men; the last thing they feel may be a blade across their neck...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A898112

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more