The h2g2 Post 09.11.20

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 9th November 2020

The Voices in Our Heads

An ice cream parlour. Do you eat ice cream in the winter? I do. We need a treat now and again. This issue is a real treat: beauty, and odd sightings from around the planet, and the even odder thoughts in our heads. We've got it all, music and stories and artwork and humour and poetry and cinema.

It's a good time of the year to catch up on your reading. Visit Peer Review and see what other Researchers have been reading up on. If you're in lockdown, while away your downtime by doing some virtual visiting with us.

Wade into some of the on-site controversies, such as 'how deadly are flesh-eating turtles?' and 'are earworms bad for our mental health?' Start your own.

Don't forget, too, to keep reading the 'Holes in History' stories. From early Russia to medieval England, cozy Vienna to wartime France to frontier America, there's a lot to take in. Bookmark your tales and follow along day to day. Let the writers know you're reading.

In the meantime, here's what you can find in this issue:

    Grazing Calves, by DG.
  • Amazing natural beauty: mountains and vistas of all kinds, endearing creatures, spooky cats in garages.
  • Human-made puzzles, like unusual windows and strange signs. Join in the discussion of hopscotch as kabbalistic mystery.
  • A quiz, a challenging photo, and some food for thought. Also cinema.
  • A thrilling account of the dangers of berry-picking with toddlers, by Caiman Raptor Elk.
  • A photo essay written in a parking lot. An inspirational dog explorer.
  • Prose, poetry, the ever-popular graphic novel form, and cartoons a-plenty.


Enjoy yourselves here, be safe, wherever you are. Wear masks. Send Stuff. And have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: In Western philosophy, knowledge has been conceived of primarily as an ocular function. To know is to see and to see is the inception of thought.

– Saidiyeh Hartman

Create November 2020 by Freewayriding
November Create Challenge:
Holes in History


Video Extra: The Cloud


NATURAL BEAUTY
Large-Eared Mouse

Large-Eared Mouse by Willem


INNER THOUGHTS

UNNATURAL SIGHT-SEEING

Window Art

Nightclub window in Scotland, by Paigetheoracle.


INSPIRATIONS




Remembrance
A poppy.

LAUGHS
STORYLINES


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87997009

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more