October Create: No Pumpkin Pie Here

1 Conversation

This material is not for the faint-hearted. You have been warned.

Mags butchers poor defenseless pumpkins, so you don't have to

No Pumpkin Pie Here

Every year I repeat the same manta, 'Don't buy any pumpkins, don't buy any pumpkins...' I promptly then go out buy some and sit gibbering while I carve them.

Sharp knives and templates at the ready, folks. Here are some of my previous efforts



This first one is Mario and an Angry Bird. They weren't actually that bad to carve and I'd bought the right sized pumpkin for a change.

The second is the logo for video game Mortal Kombat, I had a slight slip of the knife and the 'flame' coming out of the dragon's mouth should have been bigger, but I don't think anyone noticed.

The final one, in case you can't guess, is Cthulhu. I was slightly the better for a bottle of wine by the time I took the photos of this one, you can't tell, can you?

I will be repeating my mantra again this year and will, in all likelihood, totally ignore myself again. I just hope my son doesn't want Skylanders, although I have found a Stealth Elf that I might try.

Whatever you are carving this year, I wish you a Happy Halloween.

Create Archive

Magwitch

20.10.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87841588

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more