A Conversation for Dealing with Harassment at Work

The wimpy boss

Post 1

meniscus

What about the wimpy boss? The one who doesn't like controversy so doesn't act on complaints of inadaquate job performance or chronic lateness.
We have two fine nurses in my unit with such extreme habits of lack of charting and disrespectful attendence records. We feel these two are not team members. They disrespect us with their behavior.

But the 'boss' does nothing to correct these things.
It is real frustrating and in a way a harrassment because everyone else does their jobs and gets to work on time. So it is a slam against the rest of us that these other nurses 'get away with it'.

I try not to get emotional about it,but the chronic late and using sick time for extra days off person, is the bosses friend.


The wimpy boss

Post 2

Teuchter

You don't work in Surrey do you? It sounds just like an ongoing problem at my place of work! Two nurses not pulling their weight and getting away with far too much. Leaving clinical areas messy, not stocking up, skiving off in the staff room - to name but a few of the things that frustrate the rest of us.
It really makes me wonder why the rest of us bother! Actually, I know why we bother - we take a professional pride in patient care and enjoy working in a team where most of us support each other. The gruesome-twosome are just taking the p*** and our wimpy boss is fool enough to allow it to go on.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more