Mad King Ruprecht Destroys the Death Star.

0 Conversations

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

"This is Red Five, I am going in!"

Here was the moment that I had been eagerly anticipating.

Gunning the throttle of my X Wing fighter I hurtled through the trench, jinking and yawing to avoid the deadly fusilade of laser fire from the defensive turret guns and the pernicious intentions of the three T.I.E interceptors that were rapidly closing from our six o'clock position.

My wingman was abruptly vapourised by a prodigiously accurate salvo of fire from the lead enemy fighter; his stricken craft careering wildly into the deck in a roiling ball of superheated plasma.

Grimly I initiated my targeting computer and focused my full attention to the task of torpedoing the Death Star's ventilation port.

It was then that I heard the voice....

"Trust your feelings Ruprecht."

I tapped my helmet com-link believing it to be either radio interference or the onset of schizophrenia but the voice returned,

"Let go Ruprecht."

Nodding my understanding I disabled my targeter and let The Force direct my actions; the raw matter of the Universe infusing my soul and allowing me to elude the stabbing bolts of concentrated light from my pursuers weapons with incredulous ease.

Then I saw it!

The exhaust port rushed toward me with breathtaking speed and entrusting my faith to The Force I jabbed blindly at the weapons console.

The words AUTO DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED appeared in bold red letters on my Heads Up Display.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A820847

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more