Evil G

1 Conversation




In the far reaches of my living room sits the best stress relief known to man. My piano. Pounding away aimlessly at it can relieve many a worry. Unfortunately for me, this specific piano is also the cause of some of my worries.


This leaves me in the pit of an ironic mess. You see, or rather hear, the middle G on my piano is badly out of tune. Actually, the whole damn thing is in dire need of a good working-on, but this G tops it all.

Everytime I ready myself for a brisk play at the piano, with Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in C# minor, Pachelbel's Canon in D, or the ever-popular Fur Elise, I am tortured with the ear-wrenching sound of a mentally challenged cat with a bronchial infection sitting on a radiator. Yes, my friends, my middle G.

Ok, the retarded cat may be exaggerating a tad, but it does sound exactly as though you are not only hitting the G, but the F# directly before it at the exact same time. Of course, my unfortunate readers initial thought may be, "Sure...one note. Big flipping deal." But until you have been put through the physcially sickening agony of hearing it, you will never fully understand.

I have repeatedly begged my mother to have it fixed, but my efforts fall to deaf ears. I've threatened to never play the piano again, but that doesn't seem to phase her, which is rather insulting. So as payment, I horrifically magnify the evil G everytime I play it. My beautiful melodies are interrupted by the G being played at eardrum shattering levels.
smiley - musicalnoteDum, dum, dee da doo, dee dee RETARDED G, dum, dee, doo doo dee, daa RETARDED G dee doo dee dee do! smiley - musicalnote
My mom pretends not to notice. But I know everytime I play that note, a little piece of her shrivels up and DIES. She'll cave, oh yes. Someday she'll give in and call the repair man, and then fall to her knees begging me for forgiveness for waiting so long.

And maybe I'll forgive her. Maybe. But until then, I just suffer the endless agony of the Evil G and pray for forgiveness from the music Gods. Beethoven is most likely rolling over in his grave.
End complaint #1.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A807626

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more