Myth

0 Conversations

Prologue

This story takes place in an area not anywhere near here. Nobody alas knows the exact location of this story since it is so old. We have generally assumed that it takes place somewhere in Rezhak which is modern-day Iceland. We do know that it was a very diverse place. It had all sorts of interesting places to go and people to see. It was cold in the mountains and cool in the lowlands, prairies and valeys. It was peopled by a strange kind of people. They were used to the harsh reals of this land. They wore strange clothes, ate strange foods and drank strange wines. These were the Rogash; the people of Rezhak, the land of the inumeral mountains where it was fairly cold at all times of the season. It is believed that Chopin's Op. 28 No. 15 is an exact duplicat of their national anthem and favourite song. They called it Gvoolandga meaning song of the Mountain('s) diamonds.

There was a peculiar man who live supposedly upon the summit of the heighest mountain in Rezhak. His name was Toorrak. We e do not have any documents of this era; all our knowledge of this time was passed down generation to generation. We do not know much about this strange man. Or perhaps he was not a man. We have generaly assumed this because he had a strange and powerful animal for a pet. It's name, we assume to be, Kladoo but we are not certain of this since Toorrak rarley refered to his name. He would usualy call it 'My Kladda' as this was the species of the animal. It was a very powerful animal who was enourmouse. Now, Toorrak was a very interesting man. At a young age, he suposedly saved his land and his people from somthing quite hidiouse of which we are not sure what it was. The national anthem supposedly depicts what happened during this time. Since the national anthem is called song of the mountain('s) diamonds, we assume that it had somthing to do with mountains and perhaps diamonds. Perhaps we shall never know....

The Myth

"But what shall we do with Toorrak?"
"We shall leave him. We shall watch him. See as he grows into an adult if he is capable of saving the nation that he will found, just as the Great One predicted. If he can accomplish his task, he shall return here to be with us even though we are not his true parents. If not... We shall see what to do with him at that point."
"Do you not think that this is being a little too hard on the poor child?"
"I have told you time and again that we MUST do as the Great One said for us to do. We must follow it to the letter. If we do not, it could very well mean the destruction of all that we have accomplished. You would not want that, would you?"
"Of course not."
"Then dispute me no longer!"
"Very well. I shall fetch the text that he shall read when it is the appropriate time. We shall hereby name it the Tavlam."
"As you see fit. Now, it is time to send Toorrak to what is to be Rezhak."
And with that, Greater God Polmat put Toorrak into the Cloud of Destiny. Lesser God Fornas sent away the Could of Destiny down to the land which they created. This land, which they named Loommas, would later be called Earth. They had created this land after the Great One, Ruler of all, held a grand symposium which would later be named the V'Grandrin or The Sorting. In this symposium, the Great One, who was The Zannissam of the time (they change every so often) explained what all the lesser lords of all the other realms of the universe, which is the roolma, would do and how they would do it. For the universe, as we know, has many galaxies, which are called alva. (To make something plural, you put on 'ai' at the end unless it ends with 'a' in which case you put on but an 'i'. Also, you must double the consonant before you add 'ai'.) All the alvai and everything around them is ruled by the Great One. Each alva is ruled by a lesser lord or Mizra. Each alva is split into usually 4 equal quarters though some have more and some have less. Each piece, be it a quarter or otherwise, is called a Forram and is ruled by a Gelching. Each Forram's Solar System and its star combined make what is known as a Beezzoo and is ruled by a Mikra. Each planet and its satellite is ruled by a Grool.
Thus, during the V'Grandrin, The Zannissam told each Mizra how he would create his alva and how he would rule over it. The Zannissam then told each Mizra to tell their Gelchinggai which Forram they would rule over and how. The Zannissam then told each Gelching to tell their Mikrai what they would rule over and how. The Zannissam then told each Mikra to tell their Groollai what they would rule over and how. This took eighty-six Maggallai, which is about the equivalent of an hour.
Now, when Toorrak was put into the Could of Destiny and sent to Loommas, Lesser God Fornas had such a good aim that it sent Toorrak directly to the where the Snet would be, which is their parliament in the Capital in the centre of the place that Toorrak would found, the country of Rezhak. Toorrak sat in the Cloud of Destiny and gathered all the sights and all the sounds of the newly formed land that Greater God Polmat and Lesser God Fornas had created. Unknown to Toorrak though was that he was the offspring of The Zanissam. After twenty-eight Gavlammai which is about the equivalent of a day, Toorrak finally emerged from the Cloud of Destiny as a fully grown man. Since he was the first living thing on Loommas, he was not sure if becoming a man in twenty-eight Gavlamai was normal or not. Soon after his arrival, animals started to appear.
One day, Toorrak was walking around what would be the exterior of the Snet.
'Why am I feeling compelled to walk around this monstrous area.', thought Toorrak, 'And what is that noise I hear every now and again? Wait, I see something moving in the distance. I believe it is approaching me. I shall stand ready. If only I had a weapon.'
"Are you friend or foe?"
'Perhaps it can not talk. I shall approach the beast.'
So, Toorrak neared the animal. To his surprise, it went and stood by Toorrak's side.
"You appear to be friend. Your name shall be Kladdoo. Your race shall be Klada. Do you understand?"
The Kladda made what appeared to be a sign of acknowledgement in the way of a bark, a lick of Toorrak's outstretched hand and a short howl. Kladdas are the grandparents of wolves but much larger.
The next day, Toorrak noticed people. Hundreds of thousands of people. They had apparently come out of nowhere. So, Toorrak went up to one and asked a few questions. The person said that he had suddenly awaken shortly after Toorrak had gone to sleep the previous night. He said his name was Fors. The next day, Toorrak gathered all the people into the centre of their town.
"People, it appears that you have come out of nowhere and are now living in this small community. This place is fast becoming too small for our needs. Thus, I say to you all that effective today, this shall be the capital city of the nation that shall be called Rezhak. This city shall be named Alvak. So I say, go out into the wilderness. Make your homes in other communities. But, I must ask you that when you have found a suitable place, come back to Kavla and report all the things that you have seen on your way to and from your home. Where I stand now shall be our ruling place. It shall be named the Snet and if there are no objections, I shall become your leader."
With that, the people of Rezhak took up the chant 'All hail Toorrak, our new Arb'rak!' Arb'rak was the name they gave to their leader. The same day, construction began on the Snet. Even though it was a monstrous building and it geographical situation (the capital city of Alvak was upon the summit of the second tallest mountain (at that time believed to be the tallest) it took but one Traw which is about the equivalent of a year to complete. It was an enormous building (it was the largest man-made structure but it did not survive. It was destroyed before the first recorded human came about). Its shape was indescribable. It had an innumerable amount of rooms. Only Toorrak himself new all the rooms, secret passages and whatnot. Only he knew where they were all situated and where they led to. After all, he was the one who had made the blue prints for the Snet. But, strangely enough, he found a mountain that was higher then the one that he had built the capital upon (he named the mountain with the capital Kel-Pak (all mountains started with Kel meaning mountain). But, when he found the mountain that was taller then Kel-Pak, he named it Kel-Prax and put his gigantic home atop this mountain. (His home was the second largest man-made structure in history. This building as well did not survive to see the birth of man. In fact, nothing survived until the birth of man. Not even a piece of pottery.) It was extremely similar to the Snet. So well fortified was the Snet and his home (which he named Telvraiyya) that only one thing was able to defeat the Snet and Telvraiyya. It was the bane of Rezhak. Its name was K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee. And even it could not destroy it by itself. It had to wage a war that lasted a generation. It was a war where there would be a battle or string of battles and then nothing and then battles and then nothing. The problem was that so horrible were the battles that in between the battles, some people would be driven to insanity because they lived in the fear that there would be another battle. But, even when this war was ended, the Snet still stood like nothing had happened. Even Telvraiyya stood like there had never been a storm. It took hundreds of dallai (about the equivalent of a year) before the impact of the war took effect.
"Come, my Kladda, the Snet is complete! Let us rejoice and enter its halls! Come, people of Rezhak! Let us enter and be merry! I have a feast waiting to be eaten in the main dining hall!"
So the people went. They had their first of many feasts to come in the main dining hall of the Snet. There were many good things (according to them, of course. To us, it would be like eating on a different planet with a lousy cuisine) and of course much entertainment (it was the same case as the food; to us, it would be like hideous noise). They enjoyed themselves tremendously and thought that there had never been a better feast nor could there be a feast that could be better. They named this feast the Aggail. They would hold another feast every dal to mark the occasion of the opening of the Snet. The next day, Toorrak spoke to the people.
"People of Rezhak, it is time that we sort out how our government shall function. So, at four of the clock today, the Snet shall open its doors and the people shall enter to the Hall of Audiences. There, we shall form our government."
So, at four of the clock (Toorrak found this to be quite long and so shortened it to just o'clock) the people gathered in the Hall of Audiences. They spent many long maggallai there but finally established a government. This was how it functioned. There would be four rooms used. The first would be where the Havvalorai would propose something new to be done I. E.: a new law, and second room would be where the Tavvalorai would either pass the law or reject it. After it was passed or rejected, it would pass to the Council of Javvalore where it would be discussed and either refined and sent back to the Havvallam (this was the name of the room where the Havvallorai were) who would send it to the Tavvallam (this was the name of the room where the Tavvallorai were) and back to the Council of Javvallam (this was the name of the room where the Council of Javvalore was) if the law had not passed the Tavvallores. If it had, then from the Council of Javvalore it would go to the Ruling Arb'rak (who in this case was Toorrak) for final approval. If he did not approve it, it would go back to the Havvallam and so on. If by the tenth time it still did not pass, it would be retired for one month. If after this time the Havvallam wished to bring it out of retirement and try to make it a law, they could attempt to. The Havvallam had one hundred people as did the Tavvallam. The Council of Javvallore had ten people.
So they formed there government. They decided that there would be two parties. The Democai and the Republai (The words democrat and republican come from these two words). Each person had to choose whether they would be a Democ or a Repub. There would be fifty of each in the Havvallam and the Tavvallam and there would be five of each in the Council of Javvallam.
It has been said that the Snet and Telvraiyya were magically protected but if it was, Toorrak did not say anything about it being so. But perhaps it was since nothing ever damaged even a window. Also, nothing inside of the Snet ever got dirty even though it had no servants to keep it clean. Not even the copper that they had used changed colour. And there was never a fire or an intruder that stepped into the Snet. It was said that once a bad person tried to enter the Snet but for some reason could not even though he was surrounded by people who were entering and had tried to use the door which was un-locked. Now the riches of the land of Rezhak were kept in the Snet. Every single document and book ever written were in the Snet. Yet the size of the Snet was so immense that they never ran out of space, even after they put the last book on the shelve which made exactly one billion books and documents. What is very strange is that none of these things survived.
One stormy night, Toorrak awoke in his large bed. He had had a very bad nightmare of how a hideous beast came and made war on Rezhak. Unbeknownst to him, his dream had predicted the future. The next day, it was still stormy. Toorrak was sitting in his office in the Snet when suddenly he heard a commotion outside. He was about to look out his window when Kladdoo came bounding into the room. He looked petrified and he had a large gash over his right eye. At the same moment, Toorrak's most loyal subject ran into the room.
"Toorak, my lord. There is a beast outside. It is trying to get into the Snet. What shall I tell the centuries to do?
"For now, tell the centuries to stand ready but tell them not to fire yet. Seal of the Snet though, just in case."
"Right away, my lord."
"Now, as for you, Kladdoo, why don't you tell me exactly what happened."
Now Kladdoo and Toorrak could somehow communicate with each other.
"The beast calls itself K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee. It came out of the sky. It came down to the ground and started to breath fire and to trample houses and overturn the merchants carts in the marketplace. I growled at it and jumped at it but it just threw me away with its claw. I lay then incapacitated on the ground while I watched it destroy everything in its path to the Snet. Then, as soon as it reached the Snet and tried to claw it, it vanished right before my eyes. I came here as soon as I could."
"This is very strange indeed. Last night, I had a nightmare of how a beast would come and wage war upon our land. It appears that it has come true. Not only that but as I awoke, I had the plan of the Snet in my hands. A part that I had never seen before was glowing. I think I shall try to find this place. I know approximately where it would be."
"Forgive me, Toorrak, but now would not be the time to go and look for strange rooms. We have a crisis on our hands and we must find a solution before the beast comes back."
But it was too late. Toorrak was gone into the depths of the Snet.
'I know that I have never seen that room before, but I do believe in was in the tops of the North Wing. Thank goodness I know a few short cuts otherwise it would take me a maggallai to get to the North Wing and never mind which tower it was in. Here is short cut number one and the most dangerous as it is one gigantic cylindrical slide. Although it is a bit amusing.'
"Weeee!", said Toorrak. He could not keep it in any longer.
'Why am I slowing down? I have not even entered the North Wing yet. I should still be picking up speed as the inclination is still getting greater. I've stopped. But wait. There is a door. I did not put any door in this passage. I shall investigate it. It appears to be un-locked. I seem to be in a room filled with miniature alvai. I appear to be coming out of one.'
"I am Toorrak, First Arb'rak of Rezhak. If somebody can hear me, respond."
"I know who you are. I created you. I am your father. I am The Zanissam.
"You're the who?"
"It appears that you have not yet read the Tavlam. Very well. When you have read it, come back to me. But before you go, my son, I want to tell you that in the Tavlam is how to destroy the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee. I will correct your map of the Snet so that you may find it."
With that, he sent Toorrak back into one of the alvai. Toorrak appeared in the passage again headed for the North Wing. He tried to stop himself but he found that he could not. After sliding down the secret passage for a few more joobbai (about the equivalent of a minute), he finally come to the end.
'Oh dear. I'm now in the North Wing. I'm going to have to make my way up to the secret passage that leads back to the South Wing where I was. And that is a long climb. Well, I better get started now.'
So he started to climb. As soon as he reached the first floor, he noticed something different. His portrait was no longer hanging where it said 'The Arb'rak of Rezhak'. It was some person that he had never seen before and yet had a strong resemblance to his most loyal servant, Magdalla.
"You there!", said Toorrak to the first person he saw. "Why is my portrait not hanging there?" He pointed to the portrait.
"Because you are not the Arb'rak. I don't know who you are."
"I am Toorrak, First Arb'rak of Rezhak!"
"Then I'm the person responsible for creating the roolma.", said the person sarcastically.
Toorrak then went doubly as fast to the secret passage and back to his office.
"I'm sorry, sir, you're not allowed into the office of the Arb'rak. How did you get here, anyway?", said the guard.
"You fool. Can't you see that I am Toorrak, First Arb'rak of Rezhak? Let me into my office at once!"
"What's going on here?"
"I'm sorry, Arb'rak. This man claims to be Arb'rak Toorrak.", said the guard.
"Come into my office, Arb'rak Toorrak.", said the Arb'rak.
Toorrak roughly released himself from the grip of the guard.
"Now then", said the Arb'rak as he closed the door, "my name is Alladgam. I am the Third Arb'rak of Rezhak. Who are you?"
"I told you, I am Toorrak. Let me speak to your father, Magdalla. He will know who I am."
"How did you know who my father is?"
"Because he was my most loyal servant. He told me many stories of yourself and your mother, Halma."
"But how... Let me send for my father. Imnod!"
"Yes, my lord?"
"Fetch my father and bring him here."
"At once, my lord."
"So tell me, Toorrak", said Alladgam, "Where have you been for so long?"
"I don't really know. Allow me to explain from the beginning.
"I had had a nightmare of how a hideous beast would come and wage war upon Rezhak. At the end of this nightmare, I was holding the map of the Snet. Part of it was glowing, a part that I had never seen before. So, I went to go and look for it. On my way through one of the secret passages, I saw a door. I had not ordered any doors to be put into this passage way and so I went to investigate it. When I went through the threshold, I was coming out of a miniature alva. Looking around, I noticed that the entire room was filled with these miniature alvai. I called out and somebody came. This person said that his name was the Zanissam and that he was my father. I asked again who he was. He looked at me and told me that I had not yet read the Tavlam and that I should read it. He said that once I had read it, I should go back to him. He also said that in the Tavlam held the key to destroying the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee. He said that he would mark on my map how to get there. Then, I was sent back into one of the miniature alvai and I was back in the secret passage. Then, I came here."
Alladgam was about to say something when he heard a nock at the door.
"Enter."
"Announcing Arb'rak Magdalla, second...."
"Toorrak....", whispered Arb'rak Magdalla upon seeing him.
Toorrak smiled at Alladgam. Alladgam then said:
"Forgive me, Toorrak, First Arb'rak of Rezhak."
"Of course. But tell me, why are you the third Arb'rak? I am still the Arb'rak unless Magdalla performed a coup."
"Of course not, my lord", said Magdalla, "let me clarify the situation."
"Imnod, you are free to go. Close the door behind you."
"Yes, my lord. Forgive me, but are you still my lord?"
"That is what we are about to discuss.", said Alladgam.
"Here is what happened.", said Magdalla, "Kladdoo had bound into this office. I followed behind. I told you what was happening and you told me to seal off the Snet. I walked out and did as you asked. Then, I saw you leaving your office headed toward the North Wing. That was the last anyone saw of you until now. It is now 80 years later. The war between Rezhak and the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee is still raging. The day after I last saw you, I took over as Arb'rak. I had no choice. Last year, my son took over. Please understand that I had no choice."
"Don't worry, Magdalla. I would have done the same thing if I had been you. But, effective immediately, I am again the Arb'rak. Now, I must consult my map. So, please leave. I will deal with the fact of how you were Arb'rak and what to do about it later. Has anyone seen my map of the Snet?"
"No. No one. We do not even know where it is."
"Good. Now please leave."
So Toorrak went and found his map. He found that there was a section that had been added. He decided that he should look for that section immediately. So, he set off with his map to find the secret room. It took him two maggallai to find it but eventually he did. It was located in the bottom floor of the Snet. He knocked on the door. There was no answer. He tried the door-knob. He found it was un-locked. So, he entered. He found a very large cloud that took up the entire room. Atop this cloud, he found a large book. He found that he could walk on the cloud. So, he walked to the book and started to read it. He sat and read the entire book. It took him three gavlammai. After that, he came out of the room like a man who knew everything. He found Magdalla (who was still his most loyal servant) and told him to get all of the Members of the Snet (they were called the Snet Rambai which literally means Snet Members (this included the centuries all the other people who worked in the Snet)) to gather in the Hall of Audiences at two o'clock.
"Snet Rambai", began Toorrak, "I have read the Tavlam. Now, we do not have enough time so that I may talk about its contents. I have only the time to tell you how to destroy the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee. Here is what you must do. Precisely twelve o'clock at night, the centuries will fire their arrows at every direction of the compass. They will continue until one o'clock in the mooring. There shall be more arrows then you will need. At one o'clock, if my plan works, the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee will fly into the night sky and will fall to the earth in a million very large diamonds."
So, at exactly twelve o'clock that night, the centuries stood atop the roof of the Snet and fired their arrows into every direction of the compass.
'I must hurry. I must get to the Cloud of destiny before fifteen past twelve or the plan will have been futile. I have arrived. Now I must enter the cloud. That shouldn't be too hard. All I have to do is push here... tap there... and open the door. There. Now, I have to open the window. Ok, its open. I'll get in. Comfortable seat. Alright. Now I say the words....'
"Cloud of Destiny, I command you! I am Toorrak, son of The Zanissam! Now go to the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee and destroy it!"
Off went the Cloud of Destiny to the K'Flawshlich Yisbrakkiddee. While this was happening, the centuries were firing their arrows. This awoke the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee from his sleep. He started to fly to the Snet. But, in mid flight, he felt a sharp pain all over. Suddenly, he could not feel his tail. Then, he could not feel his legs. Slowly, he felt less and less of his body until he could not feel.
'It worked!'
"Cloud of Destiny, I command you! I am Toorrak, son of The Zanissam! Now go back to the Snet!"
So, the Cloud of Destiny returned to the Snet. The centuries had stopped firing their arrows as soon they saw the diamonds falling. Toorrak called the Snet Rambai to the Hall of Audiences.
"Snet Rambai, I have two things to tell you. The war has ended. The K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkidde has been destroyed. In its place, we have precisely one million diamonds. This is enough money so that the taxes may be lifted and most likely never be put back in effect. The other thing is that when I read the Tavlam, it said that when the K'Flawshlich Yisbrakkiddee was destroyed, I was to take the Cloud of Destiny and go back to where I came from. Sadly, the Tavlam inhibits me to specify on this but take it for granted. I shall be leaving immediately. Alladgam shall take over as Arb'rak unless he has any objections?"
Alladgam shook his head signifying that he did not.
"Then I say, good-bye. But, before I go, I must speak with Alladgam."
As the Hall of Audiences cleared out, Toorrak motioned to Alladgam to follow him to his office.
"Alladgam, you must swear to me that you will never reveal any of what I am going to say until the next Arb'rak takes over. I am going to give you my map of the Snet. You should memorize it. Also, I am giving to you a revised copy of the Tavlam. Guard these things with your life. Make sure that NOBODY sees this information. Now, I must go. There are many new things that you will have to cope with even though you have already been the Arb'rak for the past year. Take care and good luck. You'll need it."
And with that, Toorrak headed to the Cloud of Destiny and instructed it to take him home.


Epilogue

So Toorrak left Rezhak. He left Loomas. He left to join the Zanissam and all the other lords and whatnot. After he had gone, the minstral of the Snet, whose name was Nipohc composed the national anthem which he named Gvoollandga meaning song of the mountain('s) diamonds. Each Arb'rak ruled for around one hundred years. There were one hundred Arb'rakkai in all.
Now Kladdoo became quite lonely withought Toorrak at his side. After a few voolmmai (a voolm is about the equivalent of a month) Toorrak saw how lonely Kladdoo was so he came down to Rezhak to retrieve him. Kladdoo lived until his dying day with Toorrak.
Now, as it says in the Preface, the impact of the war between Rezhak and the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee. This was because each diamond that the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee broke into was filled with a little bit of himself. One day, each little part of the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee became strong enough that it broke free of its diamond captor and reunited so that it became one once more. And since the diamonds were kept inside the Snet, it was able to destroy the Snet, Telvraiyya and everything in them along with it for the Snet and Telvraiyya had a tunnel between themselves. This resulted in the apocolypse of Rezhak. Not even the Tavlam had anything about if the K'Flawshlicht Yisbrakkiddee came back to life. Nobody knows what occured after the apocolypse of Rezhak. But some have speculated. This is the chronological order of things.

· The V'Grandrin is held and everything is created
· Toorrak appears on an earth that looks exactly like todays earth
· Rezhak is created
· The apocolypse ocurse and everything goes to the way that historians say the world began; the world was a super-continent
· The first life form appears
· And so on and so forth

This is the most widly believed acount of things. It has yet to be proven false.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A779619

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more