A Conversation for Madame Tussaud - Wax Sculptress

Dracula

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

The article says that Dracula is in the Chamber of Horrors. I have to assume that the author means 'Vlad the Impaler', because Madame Tussaud was very strict about what went into her 'museum'. Only real people were depicted, so the fictional Count Dracula wouldn't make it. She was adamant that the sculptures would be as true to life as possible, so the modellers worked from life where possible or from photographs. I don't know what they would do about pictures of Vlad, as most of the ones I have seen have been woodcuts - not the most accurate of pictures. She also wanted the 'Chamber of Horrors' (a name coined by Punch magazine, AFAIK) to be educational, so scenes were not allowed to be horrific for the sake of it.


Dracula

Post 2

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

You are ofcourse right, I meant Vlad the impaler but since Vlad is the person most people call Dracula I wrote it.


Dracula

Post 3

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

You are ofcourse right, I meant Vlad the impaler but since Vlad is the person most people call Dracula I wrote it.


Dracula

Post 4

Gezzabelle

Actually there was a portrait of Bella Lugiosi as Dracula in the Madame Tussaud's Chamber Of Horrors in London over Halloween 2002 it has now returned to Madame Tussaud's New York. Not many people are modelled as a character they have played but the ones who have include Andrew Sachs as Manuel from Fawlty Towers, Tom Baker as Meglos the Cactus Man, Boris Karloff as The Mummy, Lucille Ball as Lucy & most recently Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers Vampire Slayer.

Hope that clears all this up!

Gez


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Madame Tussaud - Wax Sculptress

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more