A Conversation for Dwarf Throwing

Illegal in some states...

Post 1

26199

Well, from what I can find, anyway:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/2020/GMAB_020308_dwarftossing.html

It turns out various associations of dwarfs think it should be illegal, and have persuaded various legislators to make it illegal... and at least one dwarf who earns money doing it is trying to get it made legal again...

Hmmm... a few sites quoted 'six figure income'... but all of the quotes sounded suspiciously the same... any evidence for that one?


Illegal in some states...

Post 2

shagbark

I know that some years ago the city where I live Lansing Michigan passed a city ordinance making it illegal here.


Illegal in some states...

Post 3

shagbark

let me modify my last statement. I just checked city ordinances and
this is what I found.
It is illegal unless you have recieved a special permit from the city.
to get a permit application must be made a month in advance including such things as the following.
"an original letter from a specialist in Orthopedic Medicine who has examined the participants and certifies that they are able to withstand the event."
"An original certificate of insurance covering scheduled event in an amount not less than five hundred thousand dallars"
"A signed release from each participant holding the city harmless."
"A one thousand dollar deposit per participant to cover the cost of medical investigation of each participant."
this is per Lansing city Ordinance #816 enacted July 1989.
To this date noone has ever obtained such a permit.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more