Marshmallow Peeps

0 Conversations

These are nicely yummy bits of marshmallow. In the US, they are a customary Easter candy. They come in purple and yellow and blue and pink (Customary Easter colors), and are coated with a sugary substance.

Peeps-style Marshmallow

The marshmallow part, for those who have never tasted marshmallow, is not true marshmallow.

Who Makes Peeps?

The company responsible for these candies is JustBorn. They make Hot Tamales, Mike and Ike, and "Zours" candies also.
Peeps are related to Marshmallow Bunnies, also an Easter candy. JustBorn makes a lineup for a few other holidays (Christmas, Halloween and Valentines day)

Material Analysis

As evidenced by this webpage, they are nearly indestructible.

Eating Peeps

How to Eat Peeps

Needs: (a) revising, and (b) adding to.

  • Open the wrapper and leave them out for a couple of days. The advantage to this method is that they will get stiff on the outside and be soft on the inside, so you get a nice crunch first, and then have soft bliss later.

  • From MacAddict: Don't eat them. Just stab them with knives.

  • Suck them to death! Fold two or three in your mouth and don't chew.

  • Bite their heads off. Let the other part follow the first method.

  • Nuke them (in the microwave) for 75 seconds. They expand and then deflate into a goo.

How NOT to Eat Peeps

New examples because the originals weren't very good. Humourous, yes; but not good.

  • Example

  • Example

More Information

The marshmallow peeps homepage is here.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A726554

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more