A Conversation for Leprosy

Sub-Edition Notes

Post 1

Robert

Hey cumulonimbus, I'm your sub-editor for this entry and will be happy to answer any questions that you might have concerning the changes that I make. I have looked through the entry and would like to point out a few things:

1. Edited Guide Entries must be written in GuideML. I have updated your document to reflect this, but I thought I'd tell you for future reference. You can find information about GuideML at the GuideML clinic.

2. I noticed that you were using special character tags for some of the symbols in your document. Symbols such as - and ' do not need to be tagged, and I have replaced the tags with the appropriate symbols.

If you have any questions, please reply to this thread, and I will do my best to answer you (I'm also a guru, so I'm pretty experienced at stuff like that smiley - smiley ). If you don't have any problems, I'll submit the entry on Wednesday 20th March.

Thanks

Axe_123
SubEditor


Sub-Edition Notes

Post 2

cumulonimbus

Thank you very much Axe, your editing looks great. I dont know what you're talking about with the tags, but whatever you did it sounds good.
-cumulonimbus


Sub-Edition Notes

Post 3

cumulonimbus

sorry, im new to this so i've only just now found the peer review comments, and everybody seems to agree that order should be changed. maybe with history first and i quite agree. i dont know if it's too late but if that could be changed then it would be great. i don't know if you can do that or if it's up to me. if it is up to me then tell me and just hope it doesnt get deleted in the process.
thanks a lot -cumulonimbus


Sub-Edition Notes

Post 4

cumulonimbus

this is the order people seem to like
history
contagion
myths
types
treatment
situation in the world today



Sub-Edition Notes

Post 5

cumulonimbus

now that i take a minute to actually look at my entry, the former order makes no sense since i dont even have half of those topic headings. so maybe history, general, symptoms, types and then cures would be better, or maybe general at the end.
anyways sorry about the confusion i guees i should check the site more often.


Sub-Edition Notes

Post 6

Robert

it's OK

I'll swap the headings around to the order that you put in your last posting (the one that I'm replying to)

Then, I need to check for spelling and grammer mistakes (standard procedure) and check to see if there's any more information on Leprosy in the guide by another author (in which case it'll be included and his name put with yours in the Researcher list), which isn't very likely.

When I've done that, I'll post here again and, if you've no more questions (or it gets to Wednesday), I'll submit the page.


Ready to Submit

Post 7

Robert

I've finished the steps detailed above, and I'm now ready to submit the entry to the editors. If you have any further questions, post them here before Wednesday (my self-set "deadline"), otherwise don't post to this thread.

Now I have to tell you what happens next. When I click the "Return to Editors" button, the entry gets sent back to the people at BBC who may check it through again, depending on what they think of my skills at the moment (smiley - smiley ). When they've finished, they'll add it to the Edited Guide Entries. Peer Review might send you something about it, but that's up to them

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me, it makes my job a lot easier if I can contact the author of an entry.

Axe_123
Subed


Ready to Submit

Post 8

Robert

Entry Submitted to the editors. It sould become "official" in a few days.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more