A Conversation for Apple Mac OS X
ENTRY UPDATE: 10.2.1
Silly Willy Started conversation Oct 30, 2002
Enhancements Delivered with this update
Disc Burning Enhancements
* Allows CDs burned on a Mac to be read on Microsoft Windows.
* Addresses a potential failure when burning a disc using iTunes 3 and a high burn speed.
* Addresses an issue in which Disk Utility inaccurately reported "problems" when scanning a disc that was burned with iTunes or in the Finder.
* Adds support for various third-party disc burners, including: TDK VeloCD 241032FP and 241040F, MCE Technologies Lucid-24 24x10x24x Portable FireWire CDRW Drive, LaCie PocketCDRW 24x10x24 U&I, EZQuest Boa CDR/w 48x12x48 FireWire, Formac cdrw 40x10x40 and cdrw 48x10x40.
Digital Hub and Peripheral Device Enhancements
* Decreases the amount of time Final Cut Pro takes to open, and improves iMovie compatibility when a Sony DVMC-DA1 media converter is connected to the computer.
* Improves iMovie compatibility with Canopus ADVC-100 media converter.
* Improves compatibility with certain (SCSI-based) scanners.
* Improves compatibility of Image Capture with Epson DS (TWAIN).
* Improves results when scanning in grayscale or black-and-white with Image Capture and Epson UI.
* Enhances reliability when hot-swapping a FireWire-based camera on certain iMacs using Final Cut Pro.
* Addresses an issue in which a USB keyboard or mouse is not recognized or able to wake the computer after having been connected to or disconnected from an external USB hub while the computer is in sleep.
Networking and Mail Enhancements
* Addresses a situation in which certain Internet service providers (ISPs) may not accept outgoing email (SMTP) from computers using NAT and a ".local" hostname (which may be assigned by Rendezvous).
* Prevents IMAP messages from being lost when your Internet connection is interrupted during a transfer.
* Improves access to Mac OS X Server during heavy AFP load.
* Improves Mac OS X Server reliability when a Mac OS 9 client attempts a scheduled AFP connection.
* Resolves a potential issue in which Mail could fail to import mail messages from Eudora as expected.
* Addresses an issue in which you cannot browse the contents of an iDisk while a large file is being copied to it.
* Kerberos authenticator now allows keytabs to be disabled.
* Addresses a situation in which Print Center would unexpectedly quit when using St. Claire Software's Default Folder X.
* Improves compatibility with HP LaserJet 4V and HP LaserJet 4MV printers (see Note).
* Reduces occurrences of a "busy; source EIO (ATALK)" alert message when printing using AppleTalk via CUPS.
* Addresses an issue when printing via CUPS in which the second queued print job would automatically start if the first print job was stopped.
* Addresses an "error -1" message in Print Center when adding a third-party USB printer.
Note: This enhancement alleviates certain alert or log messages, but you still need to download an additional file. See technical document 107029, "Mac OS X 10.2: Cannot Print to HP LaserJet 4V or 4MV".
* Reduces certain instances of Web page graphics taking longer than expected to appear.
* Improves compatibility with Microsoft Entourage.
* Reduces occurrence of a "ticking hard drive" sound that could be caused by IOAudio errors being written repeatedly to the system.log file.
* Addresses an issue in which Mac Help may not be available following an erase-installation.
* Improves compatibility of the Universal Access Zoom feature with some iBook computers.
* Addresses a situation in which no video may appear after waking certain iBook computers that are connected to an external display or presentation device.
* Addresses a situation in which a Classic application may fail to produce sound after waking from sleep.
* Addresses a situation in which AppleTalk may not be available in the Classic environment after waking from sleep.
* Addresses various potential kernel panic situations.
Key: Complain about this post