A Conversation for Modern Satanic Cults

'Satanic Ritual' Abuse - Anton LaVey speaks!

Post 21

WebWitch

I didn't say *I'd* done real research, I said here's some smiley - smiley

OCRT is one of my favourite sites, and on the H2G2articles I've written regarding religion I've always cited it because it's just fab smiley - smiley Actually, I have been told I have a bad habit of overloading people with URLs I think are helpful in private emails or on fora, so lately I've been trying to cut back. The OCRT site does include the FBI report I posted, and they're brilliant for all sorts of research. Problem is that they're reliant on people providing information about their own religious groups, and sometimes that can result in slightly skew-whiff info when their informants aren't well-versed in their group's theology or history (at one time, they had put up as fact that Wicca is an ancient pre-Christian religion, for example). But the sheer amount of work they put in is so impressive. And helpful.


'Satanic Ritual' Abuse - Anton LaVey speaks!

Post 22

Saturnine

Well. It's not too hard to come up with valid research on the topic of "Satanic Ritual" abuse these days. People have more than made the effort to dispell the stupidity.

It's just a shame that some morons haven't educated themselves with the recent available knowledge before they start bombarding certain messageboards with their stupidity.

So it goes.


'Satanic Ritual' Abuse - Anton LaVey speaks!

Post 23

WebWitch

Well, I tend to just react by providing URLs, research organisation contact info, book titles, etc. on the grounds that if you provide people with info at least some of them will check it out. Which may be where my tendency to over-do it comes in - it's not that I want to stomp on people, it's just that I get enthusiastic...

I try to bear in mind all the times I've gone jumping in with both feet on whatever topic and made a complete idiot of myself (and I no doubt continue to do it and will until I croak), and I try to remember that it's not always possible to ascertain a person's age, life-experience, or even emotional/mental stability when you're online as opposed to face-to-face, so when I think they're behaving really stupidly I either ignore it or try to provide facts (and if it continues, I ignore it). Because many people over the years have given me a break when I have made the assumption that I know what I'm talking about.


'Satanic Ritual' Abuse - Anton LaVey speaks!

Post 24

Jagged Jack

Oh you poor misunderstood things. Thank GOD i'm an atheist!


'Satanic Ritual' Abuse - Anton LaVey speaks!

Post 25

Martin Harper

Does that mean you support Stalin? Or have you been misunderstood?

Poster, pity thyself.
-MyRedDice


'Satanic Ritual' Abuse - Anton LaVey speaks!

Post 26

Jagged Jack

No, i support Elaine Stalin wholeheartedly. We took tea together just last wednesday. Over a cup or two of Earl Gray we discussed the very issue of 'Self Pity'. During the course of our musings, we opened a packet of chocolate digestives. We intended to share these equally but much to our dismay, we discovered they had been packaged in uneven numbers. Enter the dog, a small whippet who occasionally answers to the name of Bob. We gave him the extra biscuit. Problem solved and all was as it should be.


Removed

Post 27

mayraabarca

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 28

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 29

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 30

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 31

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 32

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 33

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 34

Johann Helgason

This post has been removed.


Key: Complain about this post