Balwyniti Court Circular #2

1 Conversation

Balwyniti Court Circular #2

Welcome to the Second Balwyniti Court Circular as prepared by the Royal Court Reporter

The King, Citizens and Kingdom of Balwyniti would offer their love and condolences to all people everywhere, touched by the tragedyof September 11.

Life in Balwynity has been placid and peaceful. There was some consternation among the Kings subjects when it was discovered that the King was suffering from a serious indisposition, however, with lots of TLC and chocolate milk, he appears to have made a full recovery.

Your intrepid reporter has risked life and limb to take photos of the <ghost> that haunts Balwyniti, however, while they are lovely portraits of the kingdom's resident silver dragon, the<ghost>appears only as an indistinct grey area, and so the photos will not be published.

The Old Balwyniti Football Ground looks deserted in the evening sun with the statue of Colonel Quentin Farquart-Badminton-Squash and his wife glowing golden against the backdrop of granite and weatherboard stands. There was some talk a while ago of a revival of this ancient game and a coach was engaged to look into the possibiltiy of finding the 22 strong and true citizens to rekindle the lost art of convincing and basket protecting. But alas, insufficient interest has forced it to be put onto the back burner until next winter rekindles the flame.

With Summer fast approaching, the Balwyniti Cricket Club is sending out a call for all those able to wreak havoc with the willow and spin the red leather cherry, to join King Cthulhu, Cafram, TJ and the rest of the team at the Clubhouse. Matches are purely social, with no bodyline or betting allowed, and pitch reports are done stirctly on a volunteer basis. A good time is had by all and the after match celebration is generally held over a glass of<oj> and a<cake> or icecream, with expert commentary provided.

THe DNA Memorial<spider>Sanctuary is an arachnaphobics nightmare, but for the rest of us, it is an education in the gentle art of spider nurturing. Run by Princess Broelan, it has the best amenities of any<spider>sanctuary that I have visited on my travels and the Medi Centre is state-of-the-art. Remember to sign the visitors book and an offering of flies and mosquitos is always welcome.
References:
The Kingdom of Balwyniti
King Cthulhu

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A622667

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more