A Conversation for Remote Controls

Missing Remotes

Post 1

Vid

See P22456 The J-Orbit


Missing Remotes

Post 2

Caleb

ARRRGH!!! I can't find my remote! Someone help me! Any cool froods or towels, I need help!!!!


Missing Remotes

Post 3

Doug Dastardly

I remember one Christmas spending the whole day looking for the tv remote along with the rest of the family. We weren't impressed when we found my father had gone down to the pub and put the remote in his coat pocket... The remote wouldn't have worked THAT remotely and in anycase, you can't see out television from the pub.


Missing Remotes

Post 4

Caleb

How can you be sure? With the aid of hyperbinoptic binoculars, he might have been able to change the channels AND see the TV screen


Missing Remotes

Post 5

Doug Dastardly

Well, what he didn't have with him was his glasses...


Missing Remotes

Post 6

Caleb

Maybe he had contacs....


Missing Remotes

Post 7

Doug Dastardly

No, and I'm fairly sure that even if he did, he wouldn't have been able to see through walls...


Missing Remotes

Post 8

Caleb

OK, so he wouldn't, but if your dad's name is Clark Kent...


Missing Remotes

Post 9

Doug Dastardly

Hehe, well as much as I'd love to have a superhero as a parent (just think how useful it would be in those playground "my dad'll beat up your dad" style arguments) I'm pretty sure he's not. He never gets changed in public phone boxes, and never wears his underpants on the top of his tights - not that he wears tights...


Missing Remotes

Post 10

Caleb

But, whenever trouble calls, he's always missing. And that Lois Lane...


Missing Remotes

Post 11

Doug Dastardly

When trouble calls, he's always trying to work out a way to blame someone else!


Missing Remotes

Post 12

Caleb

"YOU did it!"
"No, YOU did it!"
"No, YOU!"
"No, YOU!"
ad nausem


Missing Remotes

Post 13

Doug Dastardly

Or the more constructive "He did it!"


Missing Remotes

Post 14

Caleb

He did what? What the zark are you talking about?


Missing Remotes

Post 15

Doug Dastardly

Whatever it is we're passing the blame for... you see this is how the whole thing works. Everyone argues with each other about who's fault it was until nobody can remember what it was in the first place and comes to the conclusion that if they can't remember, it can't have been important.


Missing Remotes

Post 16

Caleb

How incredibly stupid.

Hey, isn't all this switching back and forth fun?


Missing Remotes

Post 17

Doug Dastardly

I got bored with all the switching back and forth and have got multiple windows open! Is it just you and me on here or what? And have you found any easy way of getting people to come and visit your personal entries?


Missing Remotes

Post 18

Caleb

No... but if a page becomes an Ofiical Guide Entry, the odds are good that more traffic will be generated. After all, it IS the Hitchhiker's Guide...


Missing Remotes

Post 19

Doug Dastardly

Well yes of course. I can see what you're saying... methink's we've wandered sightly from the topic... or did someone find the remote and change channel when we weren't looking. I hate it when that happens...


Missing Remotes

Post 20

Caleb

It was GOD..no, wait, he dosen't exist. (See 'The Hitchhiker's Guide', entry: Babel Fish)


Key: Complain about this post