Why I Support Hypatia for H2G2 President

0 Conversations

In her campaign platform, Hypatia noted that h2g2 is a diverse community whose variety and creativity should be nurtured. And this, in a nutshell, is why I support her candidacy for President.

Hypatia is a gardener. In order to be successful, a gardener must bring a number of skills to her work. To wit:

  • A gardener knows that a garden isn't just the plants you can see. It is also the sun that warms the soil and feeds the plants. It's the rain that falls. It is the earthworm that aerates the soil. It is the bee that fertilises the plants. It's the bird that spreads seeds to unexpected places. It's even the rabbits and deer and other 'varmints' that stop by for a meal.

  • A gardener learns patience. A vibrant garden can't be hurried, but instead must be allowed to grow at its own pace.

  • A gardener understands the importance of planning, yet she also recognises the value of the element of chance.

  • A gardener knows the importance of co-operation. She learns to work with Mother Nature, not against her.

  • A gardener knows the weeds from the plants. On the other hand, she also knows that what many of us may consider a weed can also be a thing of beauty; thus she allows the weed to flourish within its own space.

  • A gardener knows to use the proper tool for the task at hand.

  • A gardener knows that you must sow before you can reap.

  • A gardener understands a garden's need for daily attention.

  • A gardener knows how to handle the inevitable disappointments and setbacks, and she knows that even these can make a garden better.

  • A gardener knows the joy and satisfaction of a job well done.

  • Lastly, a gardener understands that sharing a garden's bounty only makes the garden stronger.

You can do a lot worse than putting yourself in the hands of a gardener. That's why Hypatia has my vote.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A5957788

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more