A Conversation for Dark Matter

Actual composition of 'Dark Matter'

Post 1

Bruce from the University of Woolloomooloo

It's only a personal theory, but I am fairly sure that this extra matter consists of:
-single (ie unmatched) socks (at least 3 dozen which are mine)
-ditto for gloves, tennis shoes, and bikinis
-ball-point pens (tip o' the hat to D.A.)
-the body fat lost in a diet
-nuts and washers removed in the process of repairing some item, and they were just next to the bloody spanner a minute ago...
-b****r, the spanner's gone now!
-the loose change that falls down behind the sofa
-deleted emails
-missing issues from 'National Geographic' which means that no human being will ever have a complete set

Unforturnateley, my attempts to create a Grand Unified Theory of Lost Things are constantly interrupted by those pesky doctors and their damn prescription medicines.


Actual composition of 'Dark Matter'

Post 2

Researcher 181837

All those suggestions would account for mearly a few thousandths of a percent of the total dark matter.

It is quite clear that the remainder is made up entirely of AOL Sign up CDs.


Actual composition of 'Dark Matter'

Post 3

Down1nit

i believe i have them all... the AOL CD's. I initially started collecting the floppies; format it, slap a new label on it... blammo... you've just created a "Free Gift" from AOL. I never thought of it as stealing, just putting to use, something that would have been discarded.

Now i steal thier CD's

I've got a rare one bearing a copy of the dreadful version 2.0 (not to suggest in any way that there's a non dreadful version out there..). It has no printing, however it does contain a stylized "watermark" in the data surface of the cd. Because the 2.0 Installation file was only say, 4 MB, it took up very little of the data area.

Now... if you're still reading this, you obviously have much more time on your hands than most. You so far have learned a great deal of information about a collection of random ISP CD's. You are a better person... now, go away or i shall taunt you a second time.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more