A Conversation for Favourite Childhood Sweets and Candy

Pacers!!!

Post 1

Researcher 200521

THANK GOD!!! Someone else remembers Pacers - I thought they were some sort of distant hallucinogenic dream.

why did they stop making those beauties - mmmmmmm yummy spearminty chews - I used to try and bite them along the lines to eat them.

Rivalled only by spearmint Mojos (in the light blue/green paper)


Pacers!!!

Post 2

Wendles

Following extensive testing as a child, I can reveal that the green stripes tasted exactly the same as the white body of the chew.

It was quite fun to eat the wrapping papers too, partly because they picked up the super-sweet spearmint flavour, partly because they lasted longer than the Pacers themselves, but mostly because it horrified my parents!


Pacers!!!

Post 3

Researcher 221821

I also remember pacers. However I also seem to recollect that they were called Opal Mints prior to being named Pacers. Does this ring a bell with anyone?


Pacers!!!

Post 4

Pond Wanderer

Oh! I remember Opal Mints - are they called Pacers now?
I also LOVE Lemon Curd - sort of rhymes with absurd and heard smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more