A Conversation for Favourite Childhood Sweets and Candy

MY FAMILY HAD A CORNER STORE ...

Post 1

Barneys Bucksaws

We had a big candy counter at the store, and Mom got the local kids to choose which candies she kept. The favorites were spearmint leaves - soft jelly candy shaped like a little leaf with a really strong spearmint flavour and sugar on the outside. We must have gone through tons of them. Also, butter flips - hard butterscotch candies, licorice babies, jaw breakers, double bubble gum, strawberries, licorice whips in black, and red licorice.

One of the older kids discovered if you put a bit of Milky Way bar in a cola drink it would fizz up and make a glorious mess at the coffee bar! We had a 7-stool coffee bar, and served milk shakes. The favorite was blue licorice ice cream in a vanilla shake. It was a lovely blue colour, and tasted marvellous! It became the house specialty!


Key: Complain about this post

MY FAMILY HAD A CORNER STORE ...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more