A Conversation for Favourite Childhood Sweets and Candy

Candy snuff....

Post 1

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Sadly enough, candy snuff does (or at least did) exist. I haven't seen any since the mid 80s, though. It came in what looked like a snuff tin, except it was pink and plastic. You opened up the 'tin', and there was shreds of bubble gum looking remarkably like pink tobacco. Kids in little league would take a big huge wad, chew it a bit, and then keep it in their cheek for awhile. Inevitably, this would increase salivation, and they would get to spit like their favorite ball players. Not suprisingly, kids started getting cavities from letting the sugary gum sit next to their teeth for hours at a time.

smiley - silly
Mikey


Candy snuff....

Post 2

ROBRAM89

It's called Big League Chew, at least in the States.

Speaking of the States, what exactly do we call whatever they refer to as "sherbet" in England?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more